Adsorption Technology MOLECULAR SIEVES are constructed of synthetic crystalline aluminosilicate with singular pore size present throughout the matrix.
Molecular sieves are most often utilized in the petrochemical and nuclear industry for the ultra drying and purification and separation of gas streams and in the chemistry laboratory for separating compounds and drying reaction starting materials.
- 3A (pore size 3 Å): Adsorbs NH3, H2O, (not C2H6), good for drying polar liquids.
- 4A (pore size 4 Å): Adsorbs H2O, CO2, SO2, H2S, C2H4, C2H6, C3H6, EtOH. Will not adsorb C3H8 and higher hydrocarbons. Good for drying non-polar liquids and gases.
- 5A (pore size 5 Å): Adsorbs normal (linear) hydrocarbons to n-C4H10, alcohols to C4H9OH, mercaptans to C4H9SH. Will not adsorb isocompounds or rings greater than C4.
- 13X (pore size 10 Å): Adsorbs di-n-butylamine (not tri-n-butylamine). Useful for drying
Molecular Sieve Specification
|Equilibrium Water Ads
Cap. at 30 deg.C
|At 15% RH (w/w)||%||19.0-23.0||20.0-23.0||18.0-22.0||23.-27.0|
|At 75% RH (w/w)||%||22.0-26.0||23.0-26.0||21.0-25.0||26.0-29.5|
|Thermal stability after
600oC Equilibrium Water
Ads. Cap at 30 degC &15% RH (w/w)
|Crushing Strength (Active)||Kg||3-7||4-8||3-8||3-7|
|Attrition Loss on Tumbling||%||0.02-0.025||0.02-0.15||0.02-0.30||0.02-0.25|
|Bed Crushing Strength||%||80-90||80-90||80-90||80-90|
All above products are available in powder or in the sizes of 1.5 mm and 3.0mm dia. cylindrical pallets.
Tailor-made sizes are also available
Quality starts from the control of all sourced material through each production stage to final product testing. Fully trained and experienced staff are backed by some of the most sophisticated testing equipment available.
- Optimisation of material selection and in-plant operation
- Instruction on handling and storage
Marketing & Technical Support
Marketing and Technical Support is provided by Advanced Clay Technologies Ltd.